General Dynamic Information Technology (GDIT) has an opportunity for a Tier III Desktop Lead working within the Defense Division, supporting an exciting new DoD program at Fort Meade, Maryland. In this position, will provide technical leadership and be responsible for maintaining proactive and timely incident resolution of end-user IT service impairments. This role calls for maintaining strong and positive working relationships with all global service delivery teams, meeting service-level requirements and resolving service delivery issues with the user’s desktop architecture. The ideal candidate will be technically adept, operationally agile, as well as completely committed to delivering high quality and high service availability. The Tier III Desktop Lead requires the ability to maintain standards for operational performance, knowledge of desktop-related topics including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and long-term strategies for the program.
• Manage the 24x7 Tier III desktop support teams’ high-quality and timely resolution of incident requests.
• Interfaces with Government counterpart to follow up and answer any questions that may arise concerning daily operations and deliverables.
• Collaborates with the appropriate subject matter experts (SME) to resolve issues and restore outages to meet or exceed SLAs.
• Provide expert support in the daily operations, configuration, and administration support of Tier III incident and problem management functions for desktop systems IAW policies and procedures.
• Serve as technical expert in support of software implementations, tests, installs and optimizes hardware/software/networking products and configurations at customer sites. Includes troubleshooting/diagnostics to resolve product performance problems/issues in a timely fashion.
• Develop process improvements and enhancements based on industry best practices, and implement those improvements with government approval.
• Engage with vendors and technical support representatives to address vendor hardware and/or software issues.
• At least 15 years' experience supporting operations for a global organization
• IAT Level III Certification (CISA,GSE, SCNA, CISSP, GCIH)
• Significant experience working with Enterprise level customers
• Good knowledge of current technological trends
• Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
• Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic approach
• Clearance Level-Secret
MS or MA in Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.