REQ#: RQ73886 Sr. Multilateral/Bilateral Systems Administrator - TS/SCI- RAF Molesworth, UK (Open)
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Requisition Type: Regular
Sr. Multilateral/Bilateral Systems Administrator TS/SCI RAF, Molesworth, UK
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Responsibilities: • Manage and support Active Directory (directory services, DFS, DNS, GPO)
• Collaborate with systems staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products. Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application in the enterprise.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
• Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements. Determine network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
• Manage and support Microsoft Windows environments to include Active Directory (directory services, DFS, DNS, GPO), Exchange, SharePoint, and Systems Center
• Manage and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
• Hands on experience maintaining VMware vSphere environments
• Identify and automate repeatable operational tasks utilizing PowerShell or other scripting languages. • Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Comprehensive knowledge of system engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to AFRICOM AOR.
Qualifications: • 5+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
• Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
• Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
• May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
• Experience with VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, and PowerShell (Required)
• Knowledge of network management applications including SolarWinds (Preferred)
• Experience creating network diagrams using VISIO. (Required)
• The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.