Remote work can be performed several days per week with managers approval, but work on the classified systems must be done onsite at Quantico or another approved NCIS location.
Seeking an experienced web application developer to join our team supporting some of the largest law enforcement agencies in the country with their intelligence endeavors.
Strong self-management, good communication, and outstanding problem-solving skills are required.
The effort currently includes migrating a legacy ColdFusion application to a .NET based REST implementation. During the transition, continued support of the existing application is required. After the transition the development will be a combination of .NET and reactive web framework programming. Strong relational database skills are a must as well as proficiency with frameworks such as VUE.js, Angular or React.
You will have direct contact with the customers, who may or may not be highly technical. You must be able to handle a full range of duties from gathering/refining requirements through developing, testing, and supporting the deployment of the resultant code. Must be able to multi-task and manage deadlines, work independently, effectively, and efficiently.
This role will require the user to work on-site regularly (at least 2 – 4 days/per week when you are working on the classified system(however there are several potential locations where work could be performed if approval is obtained):
· Newport RI
· Jacksonville, FL
· Norfolk, VA
· Camp Lejeune, NC
· SIlverdale, WA
· San Diego, CA
· China Lake, CA
· Evanston/North Chicago
On a typical day, you will primarily work on a new feature or enhancement or the data migration, with some possible interruption to troubleshoot end-user issues, meet/discuss new features, support recent deployed features, assist in testing server patching, resolve any issues resulting in Production downtime and answer general application questions.
· 5+ years Object-Oriented web development with understanding of best practices including setup, configuration and hardening.
· 5+ years MS SQL Server development experience with queries, stored procedures, triggers, tuning and database design, etc.
· 3+ years building and supporting REST based applications using reactive web frameworks.
· A portion of your job duties will be to convert existing data from an Oracle database into MS SQL Server as well as make associated changes needed to the CF application to accommodate the data.
· Comfortable using source control, SVN and GIT.
· Must be a quick learner able to dig into old code, understand how it currently works, identify the possible solutions and discuss with client if necessary.
· Knowledge and some experience with Cloud service platforms such as Azure and AWS would be a Plus
· Strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal skills
· Creating software that is intuitive and easy to use.
· Able to work with client to review business requirements and solutions
· Security+ or other IAT level II certification
***Candidates must possess an active Secret clearance and Sec+ certification***
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.