GDIT is seeking a Lead Cloud Architect to support a complex federal contract that enables the delivery and maintenance of cloud capabilities and improves software development processes.
We are GDIT, one of the largest IT and mission services providers to the government. We offer our customers the power of choice through a vast cloud ecosystem.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your passion for accelerating the cloud. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping to ensure our mission is never interrupted. Our work depends on a Lead Cloud Architect joining our team to support federal customer activities in Washington, DC.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Lead Cloud Architect you will be supporting an important federal agency as they migrate mission critical systems used throughout the government to the cloud. The program involves operating and maintaining cloud infrastructure and platforms. You will be a technical leader working on cloud modernization strategy, cloud managed services, developing processes for cloud service provisioning, requirements development, and enhancing cloud capabilities to solve mission problems.
In this role, a typical day will include:
Leading a team of cloud solution architects responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a federal cloud platform
Working with the government, vendors and teaming partners to integrate systems for the overall success.
Developing staff and ensure ongoing performance and professional growth.
Overseeing and continually improving delivery on program, including supporting problem resolution.
Creating effective business and technical cloud strategies and solutions that drive growth and execution
Develops the Current and Target State Architecture, Future Vision and migration path for the products, services, and overall Ecosystem.
Responsible for ensuring program increment (PI) objectives line up with the path to target state. Interfaces with senior clients, tenants, and technical staff to determine the recommended cloud strategy
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 15+ years’ experience in one or more architecture domains (e.g. business architecture, solutions architecture, application architecture)
• Experience in managing large operational cloud environments spanning multiple tenants through techniques such as Multi-Account management, AWS Well Architected Best Practices, OU/SCP, etc.
• Experience defining the architecture of cloud deployed applications
• Experienced with driving ongoing improvements in cost efficiencies such as purchase of Reserved Instance/Savings Plans aligned to resources consumption, review of AWS Trusted Advisor, etc.
• Expertise in service-oriented architecture, web services, and Application Programming Interfaces
• Experience with how containerized is performed with applications. Able to advise on the best forms of developing containerized application. (i.e., Docker, Rocket, etc.,) • Experience with how container organization works and how the application needs to be Architecture to take advantage of that (Kubernetes, Universal Control Plane UCP, etc.,)
• Experience defining and driving SecDevOps best practices (e.g., IaC, CI/CD) within large teams
• Experience establishing legacy modernization and migration roadmaps for large scale applications
• Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work with minimal direction
• BA or BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Level
• Masters’ Degree
. • Certified Kubernetes Administrator or other relevant Kubernetes Certification
• Relevant Agile Certification
• DOD IAM 3 or other relevant Security Certification
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
● 401K with company match
● Diverse, highly collaborative teams
● Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.