Local Area Network (LAN)
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as an IT capability manager at GDIT. Here, you’ll oversee, coordinate, and report on the tailoring of cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in capability management, you’ll make delivering an exceptional product your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a capability manager you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on capability managers joining our team to support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and Deployed Forces (DF) portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN).
HOW A IT CAPABILITY MANAGER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
• Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
• Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
• Documents gap analysis, staging, installation, testing within the established schedule, operational and costing parameters in support of the assigned capability.
• Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
• Assists the Government in synchronizing requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project within cost, schedule and performance identifying any issues in project meetings.
• Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff.
• In-depth understanding of the task order requirements, their responsibilities, and the ability, knowledge, experience, and skills to carry-out those requirements and responsibilities
• Current understanding of Army Enterprise LWN capabilities, tools, procedures, and operational constructs
• Understands DoD and Army Cybersecurity Policies, including DoD Instruction 8500.01, Cybersecurity, Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 Information Assurance and AR 25-1 Army Information Technology.
• Well-versed in Change management processes
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Visio
• Responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of a project within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
• Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
• Participates in special projects as required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
● Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Network configuration and troubleshooting, Unix OS configuration and troubleshooting, working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Visio.
● Security Clearance Level: SECRET, with eligibility for TOP SECRET
● Required Skills and Abilities: Intermediate understanding of UNIX-based operating systems and intermediate network configuration and troubleshooting experience.
● Preferred Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills, to include contributing to weekly briefings, weekly situational reports, and quarterly Internal Process Reviews.
● Location: On-site, Fort Huachuca, AZ
●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
9 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
DoD 8570.1-M Certification: IAM Level I Certification - Comptia, Cisco Systems
PMP or ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification - PMI, EXIN
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.