Analyzes administers and maintains telecommunications systems
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Coordinates installation of equipment.
5. May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
6. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
7. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
PMP Certifications or similar work experience.
5-8 years of related telecommunications experience.
Eight (8) years of experience in technical specifications development, process analysis and design, technical problem solving, analytical/logical thinking, work experience in project installations of communications systems or equipment. Must have experience in coordination the work of several different activities/agencies in project completion. Must have experience in production time-lines, coordination project support agreements, and reviewing engineering design documents.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience with the following:
• Managing, supervising, and coordinating military communication systems
• Planning and implementation activities,
• Managing communication architecture, configuration, and integration conformity,
• Working and communicating with military officers.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
(Up to 8+)
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.