General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a candidate to provide hardening of web server (IIS), database server (MS SQL), and SolidWorks servers as part of the enterprise support team for the Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) Network at the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC), Pacific. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for operation, administration, and troubleshooting of Windows operating systems and applications. The task is divided between administering Core Services servers that support patching (WSUS and Ivanti) and centralized SolidWorks servers. This includes, but is not limited to, performing routine audits of the system and applying updates, patches, and configuration changes as required. The contractor shall also identify and resolve performance or security issues through the analysis of computer logs, scan results, and other tools provided by the government.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Harden MS SQL servers in compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
· Create administration images for SolidWorks installation on a schedule specified by the Government. This involves writing/modifying the existing batch file so the install is done w/admin privileges and coordinating with a Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM) packager to deliver the software and troubleshoot installation issues.
· Engineer and deploy servers that support new or existing core services capabilities.When deploying these servers, the contractor shall develop server configuration scripts, installation guides, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as directed by the Government.
· Creation, maintenance, upgrade, patch, tuning, backup, and recovery of various MS SQL and Oracle databases.
· Develop and present process documentation for all of the contractor’s assigned tasks. This technical documentation will range from Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to white papers describing the logical process flow and justification for design decisions.
· Automate monitoring and routine administration of databases.
· Application of IAVMs to databases.
Certifications (IAT Level II)
One of the following:
· Security+ CE
· GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
· Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
· System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
and one of the following:
· MCITP (Enterprise Administrator)- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
· MCITP (Server Administrator) - Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
· MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
· MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
equivalent certifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
· 4 to 6 years of experience.
· Experience with database administration on either MS SQL or Oracle.
· Ability to automate DBA tasks with scripts.
· Knowledge of ITIL processes and ITIL Certification.
· Knowledge of database administration and server virtualization.
· Knowledge of IIS.
· Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks.
· Experience with the IAVM process.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.