Primary responsibilities: Develop, organize, and conduct classroom and shipboard hands-on training for tactical watch standers and technicians on surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 sonar system and associated systems and create, review, and update course curriculum for all ASW courses taught under the SCSTC advanced warfare training program.
1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex ASW - AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews ASW course content and objectives.
3. Provide assistance to government representatives / stakeholders with determining applicability of current sonar principles, environmental analysis, and exploitation including Tactical Oceanography.
4. Maintains records of training activities (via Integrated Performance Assessment Tool), participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Provide instructor training on the AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 sonar system.
6. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as ASW technical team or task lead.
8. Conducts research into new ASW training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required. 11. This position operates on a 24-hour shift basis. May be required to instruct for any shift as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in an apprentice level training environment. Of the five (5) years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems. Experience as a Trainer in support of SCSTC, Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) 9502, and Master Training Specialist is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 5% of time.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.