We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Sr SCRUM Master joining our team to support our Intel customer in Springfield, VA.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
This position supports the program’s Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Scrum Master’s expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise cloud environment.
The Scrum Master will actively lead and participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The Scrum Master will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and automating server routines, optimizing system performance, establishing system monitoring, and maintaining established operating systems and security protocols for large production systems. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
Assist with internal and external communication
Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams’ to deliver assigned goals
Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase velocity
Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity and innovation
Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience
Experience leading projects under Agile/Scrum
Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.