NETCOM G6 Desktop/Application Support Specialist - Intermediate
GDIT is seeking an experienced Senior-level Desktop/Application Support Specialist to provide successful performance in supporting the United States Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). Support primarily be required in the NETCOM Headquarters at Fort Huachuca, AZ. NETCOM is the Army Enterprise network (DoDIN) operations and services provider, executing full-spectrum cyber operations and attaining information superiority, and achieving an integrated network enterprise across the Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) domains.
The Desktop/Application Support Specialist provides desktop support to the NETCOM user population. They provide technical assistance and resolution; configures, installs, and troubleshoots computer hardware, software, and peripheral devices in a network environment. Works with the Fort Huachuca Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and provide the reimage of Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet) computers in accordance with approved Army baseline. They also ensure the approved and updated Army software, firmware and drives are properly installed and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG). The Desktop/Application Support Specialist provides support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware. Handles problems that help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
The Desktop/Application Support Specialist will have:
· IA Certification Level IAT II
· IT Level II
· Computing Environment Certifications
· TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance, with T5 Investigation
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent years of work experience
· At least 2-5 years relevant work experience
· Experience providing Desktop/Application support in similar work environments (NIPR, SIPR)
· Experience working at a Tier 2 and higher level
· Experience interfacing with network, systems, and software engineers to resolve issues
· Experience working with Network Enterprise Centers
· Experience using imaging software
· Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues
· Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player.
· Good interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to initiate and manage relationships across the customer space
Preference in hiring will be given to incumbent NETCOM G6 personnel.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.