GDIT is looking for a motivated person who is interested in joining a mid-size Agile development team.
The Full Stack Web Developer will serve on the Enterprise Portal team. The Portal provides the customer with single sign on, and makes use of micro-services. The full stack web developer will build Portal-related web applications. The ideal candidate will promote high quality, use of best practices and an outstanding user experience (UX). The full stack developer will independently identify and resolve UX pain points, will stay current with portal/web technology and will require minimal management direction/supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· Actively participate in the entire application lifecycle
· Elicit and fulfill front-end and back-end requirements
· Develop functional and fast-responsive web applications, using markup languages
· Enhance/leverage mobile-based and web-based features
· Troubleshoot UI and ensure optimal performance
· Fix bugs and improve usability
· Employ the latest technology to re-build legacy apps
· Perform training and support development activities
· Builds reusable code, templates, module, artifacts, and libraries for future use
· Optimizes site for load times, speed and scalability
· Writing comprehensive documentation for RESTful API web services
Qualifications and Skills:
· 5 years of experience on a software development team, with a minimum of 2 years of experience with the full stack of a web application
· Working knowledge of front end frameworks
· 2 years of experience with unit, and end-to-end testing
· 2 years of experience building micro services
· 2 years of experience with Java
· 2 years of experience with continuous delivery and integration tools: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
· 2 years of experience with AWS
· 2 years of experience with Relational databases (Oracle; Mysql; Postgres), Caching (Redis; Varnish), Docker
· 2 years of experience with build/SCM tools: Maven, Gradle, NPM
· 2 years of experience writing build scripts using Python, Unix Shell (bash,ksh) or perl
· 2 years of Hands-on Unix/Linux experience
· Requires US Citizenship
· 5-7 years of experience in development
· BS or equivalent + 4 yrs related experience
· Adept in analytical and debugging skills
· AWS Certified Developer
· Experience with an IDE would be a plus: Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, NetBeans
· 8570/8140 Certified IAT I or higher
The likely salary range for this position is $68,000 - $102,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.