Must possess IT technical skills ISSO and C&A experience. Position offers personal and professional growth in the realm of IA while managing the C&A of both new and legacy systems at both strategic and tactical levels. Individual will work independently and as part of a team to perform Security Systems Engineering; Security System Administration; Process/Procedure Development; Training Development; Security Incident Investigation; Mitigation & Response and Systems Recovery while serving the clients IAS to maintain systems C&A. Initial security clearance requirement is Top Secret however; the position affords a clearance upgrade to SCI; with CI polygraph.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Develop System Security Plans to include security testing and evaluations.
11. Troubleshooting, re-keying and configuring TACLANEs
12. Reviewing and analyze security logs for anomalies, manually or utilizing Splunk.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in information systems security and/or systems administration.
Experience utilizing vulnerability scanners and compliance tools
Strong knowledge and understanding of NIST 800 series
Strong knowledge of Splunk administration or Splunk user
Experience utilizing eGRC tools such as RiskVision, RSA Archer, XACTA or similar
Experience working and handling evidentiary material is also a plus.
Candidate must be familiar with certification/accreditation of systems
Strong work ethics
Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-contractor team in support of the government.
Must have an active TS clearance and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.