Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking an Information Security Analyst Senior that is able to work independently please read below!
1. Performs information assurance for a large program; coordinates with government program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures.
2. Utilize available resources to conduct cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture.
3. Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems.
4. Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution.
5. Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats.
6. Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoDi 8510 to ascertain information systems' security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing. Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems.
8. Expertise in the following concepts is also desired for the successful candidate: DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
9. Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX/Windows/Networking/Database (MS-Access, MS T-SQL and Oracle).
10. The ability to work and set priorities on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment.
11. Coordinates with OUSDI, USAF, DISA, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Is part of a support team with personnel located throughout Southwest Asia (SWA). Will be required to support customers at local and remote sites. May be required to adjust working hours to support customers in SWA.
14. Will occasionally be required to perform desktop support, systems, and logistics duties.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
Must possess one or more of the following certifications: CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP, or GSLC.
Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges.
Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
Experience working with deployed personnel preferred.
This position is supporting fluid military missions. You may be required to travel (temporarily or permanently) to different operating locations within the CENTCOM AOR. Travel may be via commercial or military transport. Modes of transport include, but are not limited to; car, truck, armored vehicle, fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
During travel, candidate will be expected to live alongside deployed military personnel in military provided accommodation. Housing options include, but are not limited to; open bay tents and multi-personnel containerized housing units “CHUs”.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.