· Designs and plans complex network systems for LANs, WANs and WLANs.
· Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
· Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· Conducts testing of network systems, and provides troubleshooting for complex and challenging problems as they arise.
· Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, content filtering, VoIP, Video Teleconferencing, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
· Provides mentoring and leadership to less experienced engineers via tech talks and hands-on assistance.
· Coordinates engineering response to outages of the network while providing exceptional customer service to our clients.
· Must be available for after-hours maintenances and will join the engineering on-call rotation.
·BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer/Electrical Engineering or other related STEM field with a minimum of 2 years of experience working with complex computer networks. Candidates without a college degree will be considered, but must show substantial experience and knowledge in lieu of a degree.
· Must demonstrate an understanding of the following technologies and protocols and have experience in their use: Ethernet switching (Spanning tree with enhancements, VLANs, 802.1Q), Wireless Networking, Routing (BGP, OSPF), IPv6, Firewalling, Video Teleconferencing, Content filtering, DNS, DHCP, Quality of Service (DSCP, COS), Windows Networking, Linux.
· Must show a history of strong organizational and documentation skills
· Vendor certification from Cisco or Juniper is desired at the CCNP or JNCIS level but not required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.