At GDIT, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on the work our innovators do to support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the world.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC]'s mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. Employees are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing the day to day same technology operations.
Level of Clearance Required: U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background to obtain an agency specific Public Trust.
· Task and monitor experienced Windows system administrators
· Monitor ticket queue to ensure tickets are being assigned and addressed
· Responsible for escalations to management for any SEV1 issues
· Administer, run, and maintain clients Windows server infrastructure in production
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
· Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system issues
· Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of our windows server infrastructure
· Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements.
· Research, identify, and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible.
· Create and maintain SOP’s and train junior staff
· Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately
· Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
- Six years Windows server administration experience
- Prior experience leading a team, minimum of eight people
- Active Directory
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
Autonomy, career mobility, challenging work, and team environment
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.