We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. GDIT supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
GDIT is seeking a Windows Team Lead/System Administrator for the FDIC infrastructure program to support a large cooperate windows infrastructure which includes VMware, IIS, SQL, IDM, and other enterprise applications in a fast-paced environment in support of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. We are open to remote workers.
Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· Task and monitor experienced Windows system administrators
· Monitor ticket queue to ensure tickets are being assigned and addressed
· Responsible for escalations to management for any SEV1 issues
· Administer, run, and maintain clients Windows server infrastructure in production
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
· Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system issues
· Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of our windows server infrastructure
· Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements.
· Research, identify, and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible.
· Create and maintain SOP’s and train junior staff
· Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
· Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; and determined
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
· Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance & deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems
· Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately
· Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
· Strong ability to install, troubleshoot and deliver COTS and custom apps to end users using server infrastructure.
· Demonstrated ability to work with application owners to formulate, troubleshoot and document application installations
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Six plus years Windows server administration experience
- PowerShell scripting expertise
- Experience with IIS web-services and SQL Server
- Experience working with application vendors
- Hands on experience to troubleshoot hardware issues with HP and Dell servers
- Strong working knowledge of Windows AD, GPO, and ADFS
- Understanding of server architectures, hardware, RAID
- Knowledge of HA computing and networking. (eg. Microsoft Clustering, load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Prior experience leading a team of Windows system administrators
- Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting
- Must have demonstrated a high level of problem analysis and resolution skills
BS and six years experience, or MS and four years experience, or no degree and ten years experience, or applicable certificate of training and two years of undergraduate experience.
This is position is not yet funded.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.