The DEVOPS Engineer is responsible for the management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites/software. The DEVOPS Engineer is also responsible for creating software deployment strategies and supporting the team in the implementation of lifecycle infrastructure solutions and documentation.
• Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions
• Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools
• Design and implement DevOps solutions that leverage AWS / AZURE and internal products/service capabilities to meet requirements
• Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
• Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) and support operation and maintenance team
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
• Develop and maintain automated test framework tools to facilitate Systems Engineer testing tasks.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable automate approaches for system administrations tasks.
Required Experience/Skills/Certifications: Minimum of eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of build automation and release management experience in production environments
• Experience with Amazon Web Services administration, or significant experience with another major public cloud provider
• Experience building and releasing Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) in a controlled environment with an understanding of full-lifecycle configuration management.
• Experience installing, configuring and using various open source and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Selenium, Docker, Sonarqube, Terraform.
• Experience developing coding/scripting to build required automation and tools (using Chef, Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell, Java, etc.)
• Experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills
• Experience with both Windows and UNIX operating systems
• Experience web infrastructure fundamentals: Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name Server (DNS), Hyper text (or transport) Protocol (HTTP), etc.
• Ability to understand and actively participate in SCRUM Agile methodology
• Must have Debugging and testing skills
• Must be able to collaborate, work in teams and be accountable for all contracts efforts
• Must have client-facing consulting, leadership, and analytic skills
• Ability to communicate issues, status, tradeoffs and priorities
**Must currently possess Secret level of above clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.