We have an exciting opportunity available for a Mechanical Engineer, Associate-Iraq maintaining generators for the CRAM program. The role will be as a Generator Test and Repair Technician to work at the front end of the delivery of our operation. This position can require the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
· Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation and field maintenance and Sustainment repair for a variety of power commercial generation equipment; other military design generators, ECUs and chillers
· Install and remove generators from fixed and mobile locations.
· Rebuild and repair generator engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, fuel pumps, torque heads, belts and hoses.
· Disassemble, clean, modify (as required), repair and reassemble power generator in accordance with applicable technical manuals (TMs).
· Remove and replace fluids.
· Functionally test generators after making repairs.
· Inspects hydraulic systems for wear, leaks and proper fluid level IAW manufacturer’s specifications.
· Participates in the opening and closing of work orders and in on-the-job training (OJT).
· Maintain thorough knowledge of, actively practice, and promote safe working conditions.
· Performs the installation, calibration, operation, maintenance, modification, testing, troubleshooting and repair of systems of a highly complex nature.
· Travel to customer sites for short or extended periods of time to install, remove, or maintain equipment.
· Complete necessary paper work which may include data entry and general use of relevant computer systems and software as directed
· Performs corrective and preventive maintenance as well as other activities assigned at assigned work location.
The Ideal Candidate must have:
· Must have an active U.S. Government SECRET clearance.
· Specialized knowledge of diesel engines with the ability to perform engine repairs.
· Specialized knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Hydraulic Equipment.
· Thorough knowledge of and capability in reading and understanding schematics.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals to include blue prints and technical drawings.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· BS or equivalent Military/Technical Experience. One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
· Must have proven experience working on industrial or commercial Power Generating equipment.
· 4-6 years of mechanical maintenance experience.
· Demonstrated experience performing Gasoline/Diesel Engine rebuild and Dynameter testing of rebuilt engines.
· Two years in troubleshooting, fault finding, and repair of electrical equipment.
· Working knowledge of electrical systems including secondary distribution and interior systems.
· Knowledge of generator parallel systems.
· Knowledge of air condition systems
· Experience with the use of common hand and powered tools, fixtures, templates, and associated refurbishment and modification equipment.
· Ability to lift heavy objects.
· Experience in working in hostile and austere environments.
· Stock control and asset management.
· Journeyman level, preferably in a mechanical maintenance field or equivalent experience.
· Industry and trade certifications. Preference given for military certifications/experience.
· A graduate of the US Army Power Generation Equipment Repairer (MOS 52D) course or a graduate of a technical school or manufacturer's course of instruction.
· Experience in a forward-facing customer support role.
· Hands-on experience with electrical circuits, power cables, controls, and motors.
· Knowledge of U.S. Army Safety Guidelines and OSHA Standards.
· Knowledge air condition system and repairs
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.