IT Help Desk
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Help Desk Technician - Swing Shifts - 1400 to 2200
Transform technology into opportunity as a Help Desk Technician with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Help Desk Technician you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
HOW A HELP DESK TECHNICIAN WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
● Resolve technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
● Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
● May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
● Maintain and update records and tracking databases. Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Required Education and Experience*:
Help Desk Technician I - HS/GED and 0+ years of experience
Help Desk Technician II - HS/GED and 1+ years of experience
Help Desk Technician III - AA/AS and 3+ years of experience
Help Desk Technician IV - AA/AS and 5+ years of experience
Help Desk Technician V - AA/AS and 8+ years of experience
*Years of experience can count in place of education and education can count in place of years of experience in some cases.
Must have or obtain Security+ CE certification prior to start date
Must obtain a PWS 9.1 certification within first 120 days from start date. Can be any of the following certifications: ITIL, A+, HDI-CSR, MS 365
TS/SCI and CI Polygraph Required; US Citizenship Required
Location: Customer Site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
0 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ CE - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $16.56 - $27.66, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.