Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Warehouse Specialist supporting GDIT. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Warehouse Specialist you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Warehouse Specialist joining our team to work in a dynamic supply chain warehouse operation that processes Customer's worldwide cargo shipments.
HOW A WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT: ● Candidate will maintain good communication and have the ability to work in a team environment. ● The warehouse unit maintains in-house resources to manage controlled storage, perform custom packing and crating, process excess property media sanitization and destruction, and complete local and long-distance office moves on behalf of Customer requirements
● Daily, warehouse personnel interact with Customer component personnel worldwide via secure email and instant messaging; personnel on the receiving dock also interact with commercial delivery personnel and other government agencies
● The work entails performing manual labor-oriented tasks, including operating sit-down and stand-up forklifts to reposition cargo within the warehouse; using various types of packaging materials and power tools to construct wooden crates; loading and unloading cargo from trucks, trailers, vans, and other commercial type vehicles, and learning to operate and safely use all dock and lift gate equipment
● Warehouse Specialists perform a wide range of logistics related tasks dependent upon the site of assignment. Work includes processing cargo shipments in categories such as general cargo, vehicles, and boats, via sea freight, air freight and truck transportation
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED: ● Education: High School Diploma/GED ● Required Experience: 2+ years of related experience ● Forklift training within 60 days of start
● Must have current HAZMAT certification in at least one mode of shipment, and if required, successfully complete Customer specific HAZMAT training to be provided by the Customer ● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly ● Required Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated experience operating various material handling equipment in accordance with safety requirements and procedures ● Preferred Skills: Ability to use power tools and machinery ● Location: Springfield, Virginia ● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE: ● 401K with company match ● Comprehensive health and wellness packages ● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career ● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications ● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from ● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
None - None
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.