Active Server Pages (ASP)
Microsoft .NET Development
PHP (Programming Language)
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Application Engineer supporting the Medical Research Development Command (MRDC) in Fort Detrick, MD. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Application Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on an Application Engineer joining our team to support a team of developers in the design, development and implementation of software applications for the MDRC.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
• Work with project managers and MRDC stakeholders to understand requirements, development technical solutions, and ensure that project timelines and customer expectations are met
• Design, implement, and provide maintenance of web (thin) and thick client applications.
• Utilize an agile methodology for all development efforts to ensure MRDC customers remain fully engaged.
• Manage programming tasks for new development or maintenance of existing applications.
• Consult with the Government to develop requirements for and maintenance of application software.
• Troubleshoot and investigate production issues in applications.
• Mentor team members on software development life cycle, design, analysis and development techniques.
• Make recommendations to improve business process operations as appropriate.
• Perform code review with IT team members to develop quality and procedural processes.
• Have familiarity with code repositories (e.g. Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)).
• Submit System Change Requests (SCRs) for Configuration Control Board (CCB) review.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or related STEM field
● Required Experience: 2+ years of related experience
● Security Clearance Level: Active DoD Secret Clearance
● Certifications: Active IAT II certifications (Security+ CE, or equivalent)
● Required Skills and Abilities: Strong communication and problem solving skills,
● Preferred Skills: Experience in a DoD environment, RMF, ATO
● Location: Fort Detrick, MD with some remote work possible
●**US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Security+ (issued before 01/01/2011) - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.