We seek a training specialist and lead customer service representative in Bossier City, LA, to support Government Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS), Wireless Priority Service (WPS) and Telecommunications Services Priority (TSP) customer service and assistance functions that reside in the GDIT ITC located in Bossier City, LA, near Shreveport. These services directly support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)'s Priority Telecommunications Services (PTS) program. PTS, run by the Emergency Communications Division (ECD) within the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), serve the National Security and Emergency Preparedness (NS/EP) community by providing priority voice, video and data communications to the NS/EP community in times when the public telecommunications networks are experiencing stress due to natural or man-made disasters. The ECD’s PTS mission is to ensure NS/EP users have a high likelihood of successful communications when public telecommunications networks are experiencing congestion or are hampered by network outages.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain/update training materials for Customer Service and Assistance Team (CSAT) members.
· Deliver training to the CSAT members to ensure high quality job performance in the functions, processes, procedures and products delivered by the team
This includes service provisioning of GETS and WPS, processing of TSP requests, responding to customer questions and concerns related to GETS, WPS and TSP,
and managing the trouble management/user assistance process from receipt of a trouble report through successful trouble resolution and customer verification.
· The Trainer/Lead CSR, as a senior team member, will also perform the activities related to the provisioning, customer service, and user assistance processes.
These activities include:
1. Reviewing and approving service requests based on standard guidelines.
2. Provisioning GETS and WPS subscriptions in response to customer requests.
3. Providing customer support for new and established GETS, WPS, and TSP customers.
4. Conducting audits to maintain the provisioning data bases.
5. Responding to incoming calls for questions/information requests from existing and potential NS/EP community
6. Answering user assistance calls to collect and enter into ServiceNow user trouble reports and requests for assistance
7. Working independently to answer customer questions about the programs.
8. Educating customers about GETS, WPS, and TSP, as well as how to use program-related web sites.
9. Assisting customers in determining how to implement and manage GETS, WPS, and TSP within their organization.
10. Assists with annual revalidation of GETS and WPS accounts, including following up with customers who do not comply with initial requests to revalidate their account.
11. Supports inbound and outbound customer interactions by phone and customer relationship management software. This is not a technical position. Must be able to work until 6:00 p.m.
· Required - Bachelor’s degree and at least five year’s training experience
· Required – At least three year’s combined experience in telecommunications company customer service, provisioning or operations.
· Required – the ability to obtain a DHS Public Trust security clearance
· Preferred – current or the ability to obtain a DoD Secret, or higher level, security clearance
· Knowledge and experience in telephony (wireline networks, wireless networks and IP networks) technologies
· Proficiency in the use of the full Microsoft Office 365 suite of productivity applications in a cloud environment
· Experience with team collaboration using Webex, Skype, Zoom for Government
· Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, virtual work environment
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be able to obtain/maintain a DHS EOD clearance
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.