Join General Dynamics IT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking someone who develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for U.S. Navy officers in support of the SurfaceCombat Systems Training Command Hampton Roads (SCSTC-HR) Dam Neck in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
The Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support tactical laboratory training. Candidate would serve as a senior instructor to train SSDS officers in the tactical employment of the SSDS Mk2 and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of automated systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for CSCS courses supporting the operational employment of the SSDS.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy SSDS and Aegis Capabilities and Limitations.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy SSDS Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance, operational procedures, and ship’s Battle Orders and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during practice and certification teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guides in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports course reviews and curriculum updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for course improvement.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex SSDS training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Seven (7) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment.
Experience as a qualified SSDS or associated weapon/sensor senior-level technician or operator is required.
Of the seven (7) years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems including one (1) year relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives is required.
Experience as a qualified SSDS TAO or ADWC and/or a Master/Afloat Training Specialist a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.