GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Network Engineer lll /F5 Engineer joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
Performs research, requirements analysis, design, installation, documentation, troubleshooting, and sustainment of local- and wide-area network hardware and services. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded. Experience in reviewing Mission related change requirements such as Change Requests (CRQs) and determining impacts on Transport activities across the Enterprise while providing Technical solutions.
More About This Role:
- Engineer and implement solutions for Projects based on customer Change Requests
- Serve as the technical representative for assigned projects.
- Provide recommendations on newly submitted actions items.
- Coordinate issues with the appropriate owners/organizations.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
Experience with F5 (APM, AFM, SSLO, etc.)
Competent with mutual Transport Layer Security (mTLS)
Experience with Online Certificate Status Protocol OCSP revocation
Familiar with DoD PKI, Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, HTML
Ability to describe and troubleshoot TLS/SSL handshake/connection issues
Experience with HTTP, SAML and OAuth
Network design,engineering, and implementation (Advanced Level)
Creation of network related Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) equipment lists and costing
Understanding of DISA and IC standards and processes
Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities
Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
Ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph
- 10+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- 5+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.