We work with the Department of Defense to keep our nation and our allies always one step ahead. Combining proven strategies and technology innovations, we streamline, connect, and secure even the most complex and critical teams. General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Systems Senior Administratorrole at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. Must have active DoD secret clearance.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong understanding of automation engineering. Candidate should be familiar with Red Hat Linux 7.x and familiar with Windows 2008 R2 + higher, including configuring OS settings via automation. Candidate should be familiar with engineering practices and be capable of analyzing requirements and developing a supportable, well documented end product to meet customer needs. Candidate should have a strong background in troubleshooting methodologies and be open to learning new skills (cloud experience is a huge plus, we will be migrating to the cloud mid 2020).
• Strong Background in automation engineering
• Automation development experience using VBScript, Bash, SQL, PowerShell, batch, HTA
• Strong process and engineering documentation skills
• Ability to break down process and developer documentation in to logically automatable steps
• AWS Experience a plus
• Symantec Altiris 6.9 and GSS 3.x Experience
• Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2016, Red Hat Linux 7.x admin experience
• Familiar with automating and troubleshooting DISA STIG implementations
• SQL 2008 R2 and higher and/or other DBA experience a plus
• Act as third level support with strong troubleshooting skillset
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.