This position provides technical support services for the various C4S capabilities onboard Military Sealift Command (MSC) ships. Responsible for direct technical work on projects and installations onboard. Works independently and installs, operates, maintains, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs IT systems devices, cables, components, software, and end-user devices, components, software and connectivity. Assists in the development of project plans. Coordinates with the contractors C4S lead, and Government user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters. Travels locally and CONUS/OCONUS to perform break/fix and upgrades.
Support includes the following MSC systems:
• Shipboard Management Information System – Classified (SMIS-C)
• Afloat Classified Global Operating System Version (ACG)
• Maintenance Figure of Merit (MFOM)
• Next Generation Wideband (NGW)
• Shipboard Management Information System – Unclassified (SMIS-U)
• Afloat Release 2 (AR2)
• PC to PC Transfer System (PPTS)
Other systems include:
• Common PC Operating Environment (COMPOSE)
• Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
• Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIX)
• Global Command and Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M)
• Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
• Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES)
• Host Based Security System (HBSS)
• Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP)
• Ship’s Security Alert System (SSAS)
• Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
Progressive IT experience (5 years) including at least three (3) projects in Windows based technical areas.
A minimum of a SECRET clearance AND a current 8570 IAT Level II certification is required for this position .
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.