At GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the end user accomplish their mission.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you’ll play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future. Our work depends on a Software Developer Expert joining our team to support program activities at Herndon, VA.
At GDIT, our employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering. As a Software Developer Expert supporting a classified customer, you will be trusted to work on data management and web application systems. In this role, a typical day will include:
● Collaborating with the classified customer to solve new application requirements
● Use your development background and experience with virtual machines, Linux domains, system integration, databases, network infrastructures, serverless technologies, Cloud including AWS services, Java, security controls and maintenance to support system solutions
● Serve on a development engineering team that designs, builds, develops, and deploys enterprise and platform infrastructure and applications for cloud and hybrid systems
● Support the customer and development team as a technical software developer through all aspects of the agile development cycle to include team representation and demonstrations to customer and new user groups, requirements grooming, working groups, assisting project manager, scrum master and technical team with themes for epics and related user stories, and ensuring follow through by the scrum teams and execution
● Develop software while driving DevOps principles including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment, and automated testing
● Subject Matter Expert on best software practices, etc. helping to develop new standards, policies and procedures
● May coach and review work of less experienced professionals
● Your success will be measured through leading and programming towards successful critical milestone deliveries as well
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
● Experienced engineering support for implementation and management of Amazon Web Services for all AWS/C2S environments to include experience using services such as VPC, EC2, ECS and S3.
● Demonstrated experience showing current knowledge of progressive IT software development approaches which encompass AGILE and DevOps.
● Security clearance level
● Strong interpersonal communication skills and must be capable of explaining procedures in writing and verbally to both customers and development team.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
● Full-flex work week
● 401K with company match
● Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
● Diverse, highly collaborative teams
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.