Provides technical advice and guidance on installation adaptation, configuration, and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs, and systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for global installation and engineering of IT networks and systems. Travel to multiple locations worldwide up to 50% of the year.
1. Provides professional installation of network and video systems in harsh environments, both internal and external to facilities
2. Ability to learn and install video systems, network systems and satellite systems
3. Ability to write build-to, as-build, and create other baseline documents
4. Functions in accordance with the project management framework tailored to mission needs
5. Must be able to collect and distill user requirements to technical system requirements
6. Must be able to document and articulate complicated system designs into required technical documents associated with different phases of the project management process, to include design documents, implementation plans, test plans
7. Must be able to engage in technical system planning beyond the network, to include applications and systems that utilize the network being delivered
8. Must be able to learn new technologies and characteristics of collection systems and how they affect or are effected by network characteristics
9. Implements LAN and WAN equipment including firewalls, servers, workstations, routers, switches, hubs, storage devices, A/V equipment and equipment racks
10. Multi-floor fiber installation and quality assurance duties include (but not limited to): outside cabling and coax running (inclusive of digging trenches), setting up satellite dishes and configuring cameras, routers, computer hardware/software, security cameras, racks, fiber installation, A/V equipment installation
BS in any discipline
8+ year of network installation experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.