Serve as lead for the team in support of the implementation effort in for our customer, the USAREUR MPE mission.
Person hired for this role, will be responsible to provide expert Server Administration support/guidance on underlying Windows 2012R2 OS and MS SQL Server 2016 database infrastructures. Will also be responsible for the installation, upgrade, and licensing of the SolarWinds Web Help Desk software. Develop Help Desk operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques and advises both the internal team and external users on the effective use of the help desk ticketing system. Enforces quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing tasks, and overall customer satisfaction. Analyzes and reports on tickets handled through the help desk and suggest proactive measures and changes to help improve customer satisfaction and efficiency of the team. Oversees the maintenance of a central source of information (knowledge base) enabling consistent support and service delivery. Serves as the top-level ticket queue manager, ensuring incidents are handled within the given response times. Coordinate directly with other queue managers and system administrators to meet ticketing metrics.
Assists with the configuration and installation of Windows servers and client systems. Customizes and implements server hardware and software, including operating systems, security, backups, monitoring, storage, remote access systems, and network management systems. Evaluates Cyber Compliance against ACAS & STIG scans. Creates system documentation and procedural instructions, including diagramming with Visio. Will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation to support the RMF accreditation process.
- A Windows server certification is required.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining SQL Server required.
- Experience maintaining SolarWinds Web Help Desk or a similar help desk ticketing system required.
- Experience developing workflows for help desk ticket routing and alerting.
- 5-10 years experience supporting enterprise level applications and knowledge of how application components interrelate and work together, including internal and external interfaces. - Experience integrating and fielding system patches and releases, rebuilding servers & clients in accordance with DoD and PMO guidelines, and investigating and managing computer security incidents preferred.
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Server 2012 R2 / 2018 / 2019 and client operating systems required.
- Understanding of ESXi Virtual Environments a plus. - Desired experience with fault tolerant systems - designing, developing disaster recovery plans, developing backup procedures, restoration of files/file systems/storage media.
- Must be able to operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements. - Candidate must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification on Day 1. - Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
German TESA requirements: - A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; - An associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; - A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; - 11 years of recent specialized experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.