We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on full stack developer joining our team to support Government activities at Chantilly, VA. At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a full stack developer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT issues and provide exceptional customer service. In this role, a typical day will include:
· Deliver tactical and strategic improvements to large scale Java products
· Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
· Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common standards and frameworks such as JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE, Spring, and Hibernate
· Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
· Implement the product's lifecycle: Design, development, quality, deployment and maintenance
· Develop and adhere to best-practices for developing applications
· Continuously contribute to team performance improvement and collaboration
· Experience in developing applications using Java platforms
· Experience in Spring, Struts, or equivalent J2EE framework software
· Working knowledge and experience with JQuery, Ajax, JSON, CSS, HTML
· Excellent skills in DB Schema design and familiarity with RDBMS products (Oracle, MySQL, PostGres)
· Excellent knowledge of SQL and hands on experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
· Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
· Ability to conduct UI tests and optimize performance as required
· Documented experience with cloud technologies and platforms (AWS, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Azure)
· Certifications Java
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
· Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
· Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
· Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
15+ years of related experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.