'GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), GDIT anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on the Mission Systems Lifecycle Support (MSLS) contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile Release Train (ART) utilizing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation’s most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of biometric and associated biographic information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis
'GDIT is seeking a highly motivated Developer to join our growing team to develop, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for our DHS customer. The successful candidate will help to develop, deploy, and maintain mission-critical applications. You will also provide support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions. This includes involvement with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as contributing to design decisions. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Use Java and C++ development experience to develop, deploy, and maintain mission-critical applications
• Provide support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions. This includes involvement with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as contributing to design decisions.
• Work on new development and re-engineering efforts, including making system design decisions
• Implement enhancements to existing system in addition to coordinating with other developers working in parallel and perform QA/testing as needed
• Provide software development services on all tiers (UI, Java, Oracle)
• Database programming using SQL
• Experience with test driven development
• Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• U.S. Citizenship
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• Bachelors degree or equivalent and 2+ years of development experience
• Experience with Java and/or C++ programming languages
• Experience in Agile development methodology
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience implementing and configuring DevOps solutions
• Experience in Struts, and Restful services
• Experience in Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL and SQL*Plus
• Experience in UNIX/LINUX shell scripting.
• Certification in SAFe, SCRUM or Kanban
• Proven track record as a self-learner keeping current with the latest techniques to include automated code scanning, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
• Experience in Jira to support configuration management in an Agile environment
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.