General Dynamic Information Technology (GDIT) has an exciting opportunity for a Tier III Infrastructure engineer working within the Defense Division, supporting an exciting new DoD program at Fort Meade, Maryland. We are seeking a proven leader with operational strength and experience leading Tier III teams supporting incident and problem management processes affecting network capabilities and infrastructure. The right candidate will be responsible for effective network management and transforming our customers IT infrastructure. This role calls for maintaining strong and positive working relationships with all global service delivery teams, meeting service-level requirements and resolving service delivery issues within the IT architecture. The ideal candidate will possess a Masters degree in information technology, as well as being technically adept, operationally agile, as well as completely committed to delivering high-quality and high service availability. The Tier III Infrastructure engineer requires the ability to maintain standards for operational performance, knowledge of network-related topics including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and long-term strategies for the program.
Detailed duties include:
• Provide 24x7 Tier III operations and maintenance support functions, ensure STIG compliance, and institute best practices regarding monitoring, automated alerts, dashboard views, and generation of queries.
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise for new infrastructure technologies. Monitor industry trends and align infrastructure solution strategies in administering the existing infrastructures capabilities.
• Provide expert support in the daily operations, configuration, and administration support of Tier III incident and problem management functions for infrastructure systems IAW policies and procedures.
• Provide support for transport and network communication services that provide transport for services such as Domain Name Services (DNS), email, messaging, voice and video. To include O&M activities supporting video conferencing, web proxy, internet/content filtering, patch management, intrusion prevention, firewall configuration/connection management, Network Access Control (NAC), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and applicable remote access and telecom support services.
• Develop process improvements and enhancements based on industry best practices, and implement those improvements with government approval.
• Engage with vendors and technical support representatives to address vendor hardware and/or software issues.
• Ensure infrastructure standards are met, and maintained; with compliant DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) diagrams.
MA/MS degree is required
At least 15 years' experience supporting operations for a global organization
IAT Level III Certification required (CISA, GSE, SCNA, CISSP, GCIH)
Significant experience working with Enterprise level customers
Good knowledge of current technological trends
Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic approach
Clearance level: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.