Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. The Software Developer II position requires the ability to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex software applications. The candidate must be passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and enjoy communicating and working with end-users. The ability to work in a team environment is critical.
HOW THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER II WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
• Support a team in maintaining and enhancing targeting applications.
• Tracking highly technical data on a regular basis and working closely with team members to retain the information for analytical/troubleshooting efforts.
• Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
• Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system
• Work with development teams using agile software development methodologies
• Preforms other duties as assigned at the direction of Project management
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field or four years relevant experience
• Minimum of three years of experience specific to the skill plus education
• Two or more years of experience as a Full Stack software developer
• In-depth experience developing applications using Node JS
• Experience in backend development and creating API's
• Experience deploying applications in a cloud-based environment (e.g. AWS, Azure, VMware, Docker, K8S)
• Active TS/SCI with Poly with most recent BI/Polygraph dates within the last five years
• Strong understanding of internet protocols and networking technologies using by Internet Service Providers to provision their networks, including MPLS and Ethernet VLAN
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.