Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our war-fighters and our citizens?
Come join the GDIT team with the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cyber security IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Applications Developer
Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Acts as team leader on projects. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Minimum Education Required:
• MS or MA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an Information Technology.
• ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience can be substituted for an MS or MA degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Ten (10) years of experience, to include: Software Design, Development, and Test and Evaluation.
• Four (4) years of programming experience with "Specific Project" programming languages.
• Three (3) years of experience, to include: Database development, Web page design, Computer Based Training development, and using .NET tools and .net Integrated Development Environment tools, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, and HTML editor tools.
• Experience may be concurrent.
• Three (3) years of experience in database development, web page design, computer based training development, and using .NET tools and .net integrated development environment tools, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, and HTML editor tools. Experience may be concurrent.
• One of the following certifications:
o Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional(CSEP))
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
o Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD),
o Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
o Sun Certified Professional (SCP)
o Red Hat Certification program (RHCP)
o CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
o Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
• IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.