Currently, we are seeking a strong Network Systems Administrator. The selected candidate must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
• Provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment.
• Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Provide support using Cisco hardware.
• Install network applications on Cisco network servers equipment; Maintain, tests, research and resolve network issues.
• Design, Implement and maintain various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
• Prepare data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
• Perform data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
• Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
• Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture.
• Interface and communicate effectively with customer.
-Cisco ASA Firewall upgrade and management experience including IPSec VPNs
-WAN and Campus based LAN network troubleshooting and fault isolation and resolution
-Windows Server 2012/2016, 10 deployment and management experience
-MS Powershell scripting, VMWare PowerCLI
-Cisco UCS, Hyperflex management experience
-VMWare VSphere ESXi 6.x experience
Required Education and Experience:
Masters degree and 3 years’ experience, Bachelors Degree and 5 years’ experience, Associates Degree and 7years experience, or High School Grad and 9 years’ experience in System Administration.
One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED. Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements
Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.