Supervises the activities of employees involved in production, assembly, or fabrication operations; Assigns employees tasks to maximize productivity, minimize costs, and maintain quality; Performs additional duties as assigned.
1. Supervises the day-to-day workflow of subordinate production workers.
2. Reviews production schedules, material, and manpower resources.
3. Assigns employees tasks to maximize productivity, minimize costs, and maintain quality.
4. Participates in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment, and procedures.
5. Provides guidance and training to subordinate staff.
6. Performs advanced production planning, prepare daily reports, time keeping, etc. for tasks as required.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Must possess some computer knowledge, Microsoft word, Projects.
9. Must be knowledgeable of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and English usage
10. Able to read equipment installation drawings and cable run sheets. Able to write various reports, document troubleshooting process and update project schedules using MS Office applications and email using MS Outlook. Able to communicate verbally and in writing project status, problems, solutions and lessons learned
-Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
-Requires 5-8 years of related electrical and mechanical production installation experience.
-Ability to supervise the activities of a group of production workers. Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices involved in production work. -Requirements should also include, but are not limited to the following: At least one (1) year of the applicant's experience shall be recent experience (within the last 4 years) onboard ship, in shipyard or other industrial environment.
-Must be a US Citizen
-Must be able to travel.
-Must be able to gain access to various Naval Facilities and various Shipyards.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.