Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Primary responsibilities: Develop, organize, and conduct classroom and shipboard hands-on training for the Situational Awareness Watch Officer (SAWO) tactical watch station on surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar system and create, review, and update course curriculum for all ASW courses taught under the Center for Surface Combat Systems Training Command (SCSTC) advanced warfare training program.
1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex ASW training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews ASW course content and objectives.
3. Provide assistance to government representatives/stakeholders with determining applicability of current sonar principles, environmental analysis, and exploitation including Tactical Oceanography.
4. Maintain records of training activities (via Integrated Performance Assessment Tool), participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Provides instructor training on the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar system.
6. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as ASW technical team or task lead.
8. Conducts research into new ASW training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Position may require travel to instruct at other learning sites or off-shift hours as required to support customer.
Your resume must demonstrate at least five (5) years of specialized shipboard experience as a qualified Situational Awareness Workstation Operator (SAWO/NEC-V94B) on AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 ACB 13 or newer variant to include knowledge and skills to perform advanced tactical system employment with knowledge in Target Motion Analysis, Tactical Oceanography, Range Prediction Systems, Acoustic Data Collection and Active Intercept and Continuous Active Sonar. Of the five years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Must have at least 2 tours of duty assigned to an ASW tail ship with one being on ASW ACB build 13 and/or higher and served as ASW Sonar Supervisor. Achieved rank as STG1 or higher (preferred). Experience as a Trainer in support of CSCS, Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) 9502, and Master Training Specialist is a significant plus.
Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 20% of time.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience. Active Secret Clearance required.
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.