Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Sr. Database Analyst that is able to work independently – please read below!
· Designs and defines architectures for future-state IT capabilities and services.
· Work with stakeholders to facilitate alignment of business strategies, operational processes, and IT strategies related to future-state architecture changes.
· Leverage enterprise methodologies and patterns.
· Operate and sustain SQL, Sharepoint and Microsoft technology servers.
· Troubleshoot database and server issues
· Identifying and documenting architectural requirements supporting future Enterprise needs, including goals, approach, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and desired end state for each milestone.
· Apply and maintain STIGs along with overall security posture of database and other servers in the Enterprise.
· Responsible for maintaining high level system design diagrams.
· Evaluates analytically and systematically problems with work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective actions.
· Develop and implement testing strategies to verify/validate requirements.
· Implement and troubleshoot high availability virtualized server infrastructure.
· Participates in special projects as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree – may substitute additional years of experience
· 5+ years of relevant experience of which at least 3 of years of that directly related to SQL Server and/or SharePoint server administration.
· Must hold a current Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
· Must have current DoD 8570 compliance with IAT level II access upon hire.
· Experience with Windows Servers Operating Systems.
· Experience with all or some SQL Server versions 2016/2017/2019.
· Experience with some SharePoint server versions 2016/2019.
· Additional specific certifications may be required.
· May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required.
· Experience authoring and maintaining PowerShell scripts.
· A demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Virtual infrastructure technologies.
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent training.
· SQL Server or other database certifications.
· Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.