AEGIS Combat Systems
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Aegis Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the officer level.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Aegis Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Aegis training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Additional qualification: Electronic Warfare Operator/Supervisor qualified and with NEC 1734, 1733, C01A, C02A, C04A , or C05A. The following qualifications are preferred but not required Electronic Warfare Officer NEC 1781, Master Training Specialist NEC 8MTS, Weapons and Tactics Instructor NEC 777A or Navy Instructor NEC 9502/.
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.