NOSC (Network Operations Security Center (NOSC) Network Engineer
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
This position is responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining the US BICES-X enterprise network infrastructure, providing network incident response and escalation, and meeting network availability, security and monitoring requirements to provide real-time network operations visibility for all US BICES-X systems.
* Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
* Maintains network to meet Enterprise Service Availability and Service Level Agreement requirements.
* Utilizes IT Service Management (ITSM) Principles to identify, categorize, prioritize, escalate, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents.
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Assists with development of third party monitoring actions and procedures for network infrastructure.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
**24/7 Position. Shift work is required.**
1. 2+ years of directly related experience in network support.
2. Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
3. IAT Level 2 or higher required.
4. Experience with IT Service Management (ITSM), Tier 0-3 ticket escalation and notification procedures.
5. Experience with direct customer support for both internal and external customers.
6. Experience with appliance STIGs, patching and vulnerabilities.
7. Experience with the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration, troubleshooting and support.
8. Experience with implementing network software and hardware upgrades and projects.
9. Must be willing to work shift work.
1. CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification desired at time of hire, but has 120 days after hire to obtain certification.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.