The world of investing is fascinating yet complex. While hundreds of first -time investors are turning to the markets to help pay for their homes, send their children to college and secure their futures the mission of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is becoming all the more vital. GDIT is excited to support the SEC in as it seeks to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC's IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC.
Currently, we are seeking an Apple Engineering Specialist in Washington, D.C.
The responsibilities for candidates in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Setup, maintain, document and train on JAMF Pro Server in an enterprise environment. - Participate in the requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation, and O&M of new Macintosh Desktop Service Solutions. - Present technical solutions to
peers and the end user base.
- Establish desktop hardening through security best practices and penetration testing.
- Conduct product evaluations and participate in the selection process.
- Developing documentation of system architecture and management within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assist existing support staff during the transition.
- Assist in BigFix Mac Engineering projects.
- Provide Mac incident escalation expertise for Operations Team.
- Complete overall patch/release management as well as ensure all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible. Identify, manage, and monitor for vulnerabilities that may affect compliance requirements and change management procedures.
- Troubleshoot related issues for users and perform problem resolution in regard to related service requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages. Provide subject matter expertise for any and all issues that may affect workstations (OS, Application, Network, GPO, etc).
- Assist with updating Process and Procedure documentation for End User Technology and Service Desk. -
Perform assigned tasks independently.
Since 1934 the SEC has been restoring and ensuring investor confidence in our capital markets by providing investors and the markets with more reliable information and clear rules of honest dealing. Are you ready to do your part and support all Americans in this mission? To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BA and 5 years experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a minimum of five+ (5+) years IT knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience and/or training in Desktop systems engineering and administration (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
-Candidate must be able to Interface with senior government personnel on a daily basis. Responds and resolves end user issues that require advanced knowledge of Apple or iOS systems. Updates status of queued service requests with the IT service management system.
- JAMF Certified - Bash Shell scripting ability
- Intermediate or above AppleScript ability - Experienced securing (hardening) Mac OS
- Experience with JAMF Casper package creation - Experience setting up JAMF self-service and other available server components
- Experience administrating Apple OSs in an Active Directory environment
- Experience leading a design & implementation project through engineering lifecycle for improvements to a large user base/enterprise environment. - Direct experience supporting user environment - Strong written and oral communications required
- Apple Certification such as Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.