Software Testing Process
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT is currently seeking a Test Engineer at JBSA-Lackland, TX to support the AFCOTERS II contract, supporting the 67th Cyber Wing (67 CW), 346th Test Squadron (346 TS), and the 318th Range Squadron (318 RANS) planning and executing a full array of operational tests of various cyber weapons and systems.
Test Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Plans, prepares, and executes tests of systems to evaluate results against specifications and requirements as well as analyze / report test results
- Provide engineering support for system integration and test events of systems / projects to include deployment and installation support, provide scripts and testing and implementation of those scripts.
- Operate and maintain a system integrated test lab that is capable of supporting a full range of integration test activities for both the currently fielded system(s) as well as maintenance / modernization releases.
- Establish and maintain a production environment that mirrors the operational environment in order to perform regression testing. Perform testing and inspections of all system services to ensure the technical adequacy and accuracy of all work. Conduct testing ranging from data entry and display at the user level combined with system loading to represent a fully operational system. Provide on-site support during the acceptance-testing period.
- Develop test measures in the form of Critical Operational Issues (COI), Operational Capabilities (OC), Measures of Effectiveness and Suitability (MOE / MOS), and Measures of Performance (MOP) for applicable tests.
- Review technical documentation (user, administrator, and deployment manuals, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), policies, guidelines, and instructions), and other technical products in support of test activities.
- Support embedded testing efforts through the development of automated testing scripts. Scripting support can be provided through the use of scripting languages such as Python. Embedded testing are those operational testing efforts provided to Agile and DevSecOps projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Associates Degree or 7 years relevant experience.
● Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
● Certification Required: Current IAT Level II Certification (e.g., GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
● Security Clearance Level: Current TS/SCI Eligible
● Location: Customer Site, JBSA-Lackland
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
IAT Level II - Accredited Organization
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.