Opportunity for an innovative and experienced Lead Technologist to join an IT Operations Project for a federal government system. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise for large enterprise IT Hybrid Infrastructure environment. The successful Lead Technologist will be responsible for engineering, deploying solutions supporting the enterprise focusing on datacenter operations and cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide Architecture and client facing SME support across technologies and vendors such as Cisco, NetApp, VMware, Windows/Unix/Linux environments, VMware’s vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V on a set of enterprise-level IT systems
· Develop opportunities to offer next generation forward leaning technologies with the client such as RedHat, AWS, GCP, Azure, CloudBolt, Twillio, ScienceLogic, Algosec, etc…
· Participate with and build relationships with client and collaborate closely with industry partners
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills a high priority
· Support the development of infrastructure designs that are innovative, resilient and highly available
· Provide SME support on tiered storage systems, both on-premises and cloud, and unified computing
· Support high available web applications hosted across various operating systems and understanding of load balancing, elasticity etc.,
· Fully engaged in the implementation of Agile DevSecOps system framework into Enterprise Operations delivery.
· Development and present white papers to bring next generation innovation to the client
· Provide SME automation of IT Infrastructure
· Support operational SLA’s 99.99%
· Support velocity of migration of workloads from on-premise to cloud
· SME support across the domain Lead and guide the work of junior technical staff. Serve as liaison between PM and technical staff in all aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage.
· Responsible for operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
· SME support of cloud hybrid COOP & DR plans
· Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.,
· Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Candidate must be an US citizen able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.