Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Transform technology into opportunity as a EITEN EVRS Specialist with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a EITEN EVRS Specialist you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Spectrum Manager joining our team to provide Electromagnetic Spectrum Visualization and Reporting System (EVRS) services to warfighters in joint and combined environments. EVRS delivers information dominance capabilities in cyberspace to enable base, theater, and global operations by addressing current and evolving threats and enhancing existing and future capabilities to deliver enterprise solutions.
HOW A EVRS SPECIALIST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
EVRS Specialist duties include, but are not limited to:
Provides technical expertise and guidance on the use and management of the Electromagnetic Visual Reporting System (EVRS).
Develops, contributes, maintains, and sustains all EVRS related activities.
Integrate EVRS into Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO).
Provides liaison between Main Operating Bases, higher headquarters and USAFE-AFAFRICOM spectrum management personnel.
Provides customer support services to include troubleshooting, customer assistance, and training in response to customer needs in support of spectrum monitoring equipment.
Assists subordinate organizations with EMI education and training, and the development of local procedures, templates, and checklists.
Provides support in building and maintaining Electromagnetic Operations |Environment (EMOE) products and advise the USAFE-AFAF operations on vulnerabilities within the EMS.
Supports development and procurement of spectrum operations tools and policy.
Assists in identifying, reporting, and resolving electromagnetic interference (EMI) in the USAFE-AFRICA AOR.
Identifies, evaluates, and provides resolution guidance to potential spectrum use conflicts.
Obtains, via authorized means spectrum resources to conduct baseline operations and spectrum interference response.
Provide recommendations to the Government for EVRS training and expansion throughout the USAFE-AFAFRICA AOR.
Provides status briefings on all EVRS systems, package development, ongoing vulnerability management and continuous monitoring activities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which provides substantial knowledge of the information sciences or with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in managing the work specified by the task order(s). Such degrees might be, but should not be limited to, the disciplines of computer science, information systems, physical science, engineering, a mathematics intensive discipline or business.
Education and experience requirements may be substituted with:
• A Master’s Degree (in subjects described above) and four years of experience.
• No degree and 11 years of intensive and progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency levels related to the task.
● Required Experience: This position requires a minimum of 10 years IT experience. Specialized experience includes: 10 years of Electromagnetic spectrum management experience; 10 years of Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (JEMSO)/Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO) experience; 10 years of demonstrated experiences in spectrum operations in the USAFE-AFAFRICA and NATO AOR. Must have knowledge in NATO and NATO member nations spectrum management organizations and processes. Experience with the installation, configuration, testing, implementation, and management of Debian and REDHAT enterprise systems environments. This position requires excellent communications, organizational skills and a high attention-to-detail level. The individual must be able to effectively interact with staffs from other sections on complex spectrum management problems.
● Required Technical Skills:
• Must have completed Joint Electronic Warfare Theater Operations Course (JEWTOC) or NATO Joint Electronic Warfare Course (JEWC)
• Must be a graduate of a spectrum management course such as, the U.S Army’s Electromagnetic Spectrum Management course, Interservice Radio Frequency Management School, or Spectrum Operations apprentice Course or equivalent.
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
● Preferred Skills:
• Experienced in NATO SMIROnline process.
• Experience coordinating spectrum requirements with NATO SC3IB and NATO member NARFA.
• Experience working on applications hosted in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.).
● Location: On Customer Site
●US Citizenship Required
Certifications: DoD 8570.01M IAT-II certification (e.g., Security+ CE) required; Debian or RED HAT certification a plus.
TESA eligibility/certification required.
This position will require 25%-50% travel.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.