Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Transform technology into opportunity as a Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Technician III with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Technician III you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Technician III joining our team to perform installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
HOW A 'Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Technician III' WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment. Two (2) years of experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: AA/AS,
● Required Experience: 3+ years experience
● Security Clearance Level: Secret
● Required Skills and Abilities:
Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level “hands on” experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of Motorola and other Land Mobile Radio Equipment as specified in the task order to include:
• Communications consoles
• XTS-5000 and other various hand held radios
• Trunked and non-trunked LMR systems
• Key loaders, antennas, multi-couplers, duplexers
• Test equipment such as, service monitors/ communication system analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, frequency counters, power meters, spectrum analyzer
• Digital recording equipment
• Over the air keying equipment (Key management facility)
• Site controllers
Must be qualified to install LMR base stations, repeaters and mobile radios. Must have LMR shop operations and management experience in a large-scale LMR shop and be familiar with equipment tracking databases.
● Location: On Customer Site
●*US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.