Responsible for the design and development of voice video radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
The GNOC is currently seeking a talented Tier III VoIP/DVTC Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide maintenance and advanced troubleshooting support of all voice over IP networks and the desktop VTC network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Tier III level resolution and customer support to all VoIP and DVTC issues across the enterprise. The candidate will also be responsible to provide outage documentation utilizing customer provided Incident Tracking software. Tools utilized will include Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Tandberg Management Suite (TMS), and other tools as necessary.
-Experience maintaining/deploying analog gateways
-Proficient in the IOS environment for maintaining voice gateways
-Familiar with the deployment/maintenance of server based dial plans and router based dial plans.
-Familiar with the deployment and the management of the following Cisco Servers (VM and traditional platform)
-Unified Communications Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connection, and Unified Presence.
-Ability to troubleshoot common VoIP issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles.
-Understanding of the Tandberg Management System -Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC)
-Familiar with the VC Web Wizard scheduling interface -Proficient with managing conferences through the MCU/MCS
-Ability to troubleshoot common VTC issues to include the identification of failed endpoints, bandwidth saturation, or mis-configured conferences.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware network system problems
- Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the policies and procedures as they pertain to the network environment.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches along with VTC network hardware and software tools listed above.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment.
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by GDIT management.
- Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
- Process Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI's) as directed by GDIT Management.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to lower tier employees
- Good understanding of system networking over diverse topologies and environments to understand the limitations and advantages of different network/system architectures. Participates in engineering projects/efforts as tasked by GDIT management.
Key Competencies: Interpersonal Skills Communication skills - verbal and written.
Listening skills Problem analysis and problem solving.
Attention to detail and accuracy Customer Service orientation.
Adaptability Ability to work independently within a Team Concept. Ability to multitask in a stressful environment Shift Work is required (work center is 24/7)
Position requires the candidate to pass the CI Poly
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.