Installs, configures, and maintains Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019 server systems (physical and virtual), including administration of core and functional services. Manages and administers system, service, and user accounts. Coordinates with respective system program offices and apply approved Service Pack Updates (SPU) to maintain Cyber Security compliance. Creates and maintains necessary operating system backups.
Executes JADOCS daily maintenance scripts to maintain optimum server performance and user functionality. Imports Air Tasking Orders / Airspace Control Orders (ATOs/ACOs). Imports targeting lists (restricted / no fire). Configures and maintains the JADOCS Horizon Server, JASRV, and AXE for interoperability with other C2 systems such as GCCS-J I3, JTT, DDS, ADSI, and AFATDS. Installs and configures JADOCS client software for the end-user. Integrates JEM/JWARN with DTRA weather servers and data. Configures interoperability for the sharing of graphical overlays with Joint and Army C2 systems. Request, install, and maintain server certificates.
Assists units to develop Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTP). Drafts or assists in the development of quick start guides and handbooks to assist users. Provides system functional advice and system administration during forward deployed operations and exercises. Evaluates Cyber Compliance against ACAS & STIG scans. Creates system documentation and procedural instructions, including diagramming with Visio. Will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation to support the RMF accreditation process.
Desired qualifications: - Experience supporting C2 systems such as GCCS-J COP/I3, GCCS-A, ICSF, Agile Client, GCCS-A Data Dissemination Service (DDS), JADOCS, and JEM/JWARN preferred. - A background in Joint Targeting / FIRES with an understanding of dynamic targeting practices, or a background in CBRN operations is desired.
- Experience integrating and fielding system patches and releases, rebuilding servers & clients in accordance with DoD and PMO guidelines, and investigating and managing computer security incidents preferred. - Significant experience maintaining Microsoft Server 2008/2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019 and client operating systems required.
- A Windows Server or Linux certification is desired. - Firm understanding of Windows file and share permissions required. - Firm understanding of Windows network setup, configuration, and troubleshooting required.
- Understanding of ESXi Virtual Environments to include snapshots and V-Motion a plus.
- Experience with planning, developing, integrating, and supporting systems and architectures for Army operations/exercises involving Joint and Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, & Intelligence (C4I) systems. - Desired experience with fault tolerant systems - designing, developing disaster recovery plans, developing backup procedures, restoration of files/file systems/storage media. - Must be able to operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements. - Candidate must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification on Day 1. - Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire. - Candidate must obtain one or more of the following certifications within 6 months of hire: RHCSA, VMWare VCP5-DCV, MCSE, MCP
German TESA requirements: - A bachelors degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; - An associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; - A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; - 11 years of recent specialized experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.