SWATT/LFWAP Trainer is a Senior Warfare Analyst who provides support the Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center (SMWDC) Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Division (SMWDC IAMD) by providing subject matter expert (SME) advice and assistance in the areas of Advanced Tactical Training (ATT), Operational Support, tactical and operational-level doctrine review and writing, capability analysis, assessments and experimentation.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance; desired ability to obtain TS clearance at start (investigation basis must be valid for 6 months after start date) and be eligible for SCI
• Twenty (20) years (minimum) of military or relevant industry or government experience
• Five (5) years (minimum) of experience aboard Navy cruisers or destroyers
• Familiarity with operational and tactical doctrine, concept of operations, standard operating procedures, and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP)
• Qualification as Tactical Action Officer from an Aegis platform (must have signed qualification letter)
• (Desired) three (3) years (minimum) of experience (concurrent or sequential to 20 years military experience) teaching and/or instructing combat systems material in a formal classroom setting.
Ability (and desire) to travel via boat or helicopter to embark on U.S. Navy ships
Ability (and desire) to travel up to approximately 25-30%
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.