Performs installation maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related telecommunications experience.
Lead level of experience of the following inside/outside cable plant work:
Installation of ducts and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing interior and outside copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling Installation of fiber optic modems, fiber multiplex equipment, fiber patch panels, analog and digital copper patch panels, main and intermediate distribution frames, Installation of lightning protection and supporting ground and power connections Installation of cabinets, cable ladder and rack systems, and equipment components in the cabinets SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Experience with the operation of heavy equipment as specified in the task order to include: track excavator-changeable scoop/hydraulic jackhammer, standard backhoe, bobcat, cable reel truck, and 20K all- terrain forklift.
homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.