GDIT has an opportunity for an experienced information technology expert in Atlanta, GA to join our team supporting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). In this role you will provide support for the operational support, build-out, and day-to-day maintenance, of the existing CDC cloud infrastructure and related enterprise core services, and, to accelerate and mature the process of migrating CDC products and workloads. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior cloud architect to assist GDIT in is establishing a series of shared services managed by a centralized Cloud Services Team comprised of contractor resources working with CDC’s IT project teams, on-premises network and infrastructure management teams, and security accreditation and compliance team to promote and support building an enterprise cloud platform, operating them, and working with IT project teams to migrate and host systems and datasets there. The Cloud Services Team will support CDC and its programs adopt cloud services and operate enterprise cloud solutions.
This Cloud Architect will build, maintain and govern an enterprise level blueprint depicting a holistic view of the organization's business strategy through the supporting technology. Provide guidance and direction to the overall technical strategy and roadmap by aligning cost-effective and reusable solutions while advancing the usage of new emerging trends and technical capabilities. Partner with Business representatives, Application Portfolio & Application Development, Engineering, Operations and Support, IT Security, Digital partners, IT Planning, and the Project Management Office. Define and govern a series of deliverables and processes within the organization's operating model, ensuring every aspect of architecture is thoroughly considered and effectively executed. Develop a community of practice for the proper execution of the architectural components and for the enablement of solutions architecture.
• Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
• Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
• Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
• Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience with 10+ years in IT.
• Strong understanding of cloud technology and its implementation across major Cloud providers (ex. Azure, AWS and Google).
• Experience implementing and operating an enterprise-scale cloud, including service catalog and service enablement automation, DevOps automation frameworks, CI/CD pipelining, automated delivery models (blue-green, canary, etc.), cross-region DR and active-active architecture, tagging frameworks, audit controls using Cloud Custodian and similar tools.
• Experience planning and executing the migration of enterprise IT systems and applications to cloud. Experience transforming and migrating on-prem enterprise custom developed and COTS applications to public cloud environments.
• Experience with cloud native architecture and development. Proven expertise with modern architecture techniques including micro services and event driven architectures.
• Strong understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application components (Servers, storage, networks, database, application Servers etc.).
• Experience creating day 1 cloud operating models with foundational capabilities and developing roadmaps to get to the desired future state operating model.
• Guide solutions architects to define transition steps and strategy for adopting and migrating to the cloud platforms.
• Experience developing standards and guidelines to be utilized in cloud development, integrations, and operations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on the ability to articulate the features and merits of cloud computing to diverse audiences.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.